Nepal is a country of breathtaking beauty and diversity of cultures like no other place on earth. The enigmatic country boasts its diverse ethnicity, rich culture and awe-inspiring natural beauty. Truly “the roof of the world”, here are the most fun and interesting facts about Nepal:
1. Nepal opened its borders in 1949. The only country with attitudinal variation that ranges from 70 meters to 8848 meters.
2. The Nepali flag is the only national flag that is not quadrilateral in shape. The triangles are said to represent Hinduism and Buddhism, but also they represent the Himalayan Mountains.
3. At any part of Nepal from South to North you can experience hot tropical climate to bone chilling Arctic weather.
4. The snowman, also known as the yeti, is a legendary apelike creature found in the high valleys of Nepal.
5. Namaste is the standard greeting in Nepal. It can mean Hello, Good Bye, Thank You…
6. Cows are sacred in the Hindu religion and cannot be killed. Once a cow stops providing milk they are often released and the community is responsible for feeding her.
7. About 90% of marriages in Nepal are arranged.
8. It is the year 2072 in Nepal. They celebrate the new year on April 13th.
⇓ CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR TRIPS TO NEPAL!!! ⇓
February 14 – 21 (during Chinese New Year)
Straight up, we are doing the coolest trek in the world through the most stunning mountain range this planet has to offer… And if that isn’t enough, we are going to be paragliding over this majestic scenery… This is, certainly, as good as it gets. It’s time to do what very few travelers have ever had the chance to do…. Enjoy the spectacular views of the Himalayas during this incredible trek and then get an even better perspective from above while paragliding, try some delicious local food, peek into life in remote villages, discover ancient temples… This is a trip of a lifetime…
February 8-22 (over Chinese New Year)
Head up extremely high altitudes to Everest Base Camp during one of the best seasons! Check out breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, test our limits hiking up to an altitude of 5364 meters, chill out at traditional Nepali bazaars, and more!! This is going to be a seriously awesome trip for people who trek and love to test their limits!0